Work for a Next Generation Accounting Firm!
Make a difference and have an impact on the lives of our clients
Senior Tax Accountant
Are you looking for a growing firm with a great team? We are a small, but expanding, public accounting firm that allows hands on exposure to all aspects of the accounting process. We have a proactive approach with our personal and corporate clients providing guidance throughout the year. We take pride in our thorough knowledge and connection with our clients, and have been doing so for over 15 years. We offer a great work environment and challenging professional environment!
Small Business Advisors is seeking a senior accountant in our Tax Department. We are looking for a dedicated individual with executive presence and strong tax skills. Current CPA License or striving to obtain the 150 hour requirement to complete the CPA exam will be given higher consideration. This person will actively participate in tax team projects including business, individual and not-for-profit tax compliance, federal and state tax research, assisting with governmental audits and tax efficiency consulting. The position requires knowledge of federal and state tax law as well as a general understanding of accepted accounting principles. Strong computer skills with knowledge of accounting programs are required.
Descriptions of Duties
- Preparation of federal & state individual, partnership, corporation (both C & S) and not-for profit income tax returns.
- Review of more basic tax returns as well as participation in tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses including preparation of income tax projections for businesses and individuals
- Assist with IRS and state tax controversy
- Perform online tax research and preparation of research memorandums
- Participate in direct training of less experienced staff
- Assist with tax efficiency projects such as tax reduction strategies, state nexus reviews, energy studies and sales/use tax reviews
Applicants must have 3+ years’ experience in a public accounting firm; possess a BS degree in accounting from an accredited university and currently seeking or holding a CPA license. Experience with UltraTax is a major plus. Must possess sharp analytical skills and strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to clients’ and supervisors’ needs. Must have a general knowledge of accepted accounting principles, and the ability to analyze and interpret general technical tax literature and government regulations. Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, be technically competent, self-motivated, reliable and able to anticipate the needs of clients and supervisors.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Be sure to reference the position in the subject section of the email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer